Super Food Recipes!
Looking for a healthy breakfast to keep you going through long days of holiday preparation?
Raw Hemp and Chia Protein Shake
1 table spoon hemp protein, one cup of almond milk, 1 cup of ice, two cups berries, one tablespoon of chia seeds. Blend everything together in a blender. (Optional: Add maca, honey or cacao powder to taste.)
Chocolate Maca Energy Smoothie
Two tablespoons of maca powder, two tablespoons of cacao powder, two cups milk (nut, hemp, or rice), one tablespoon of sweetener (honey/maple – optional), one tablespoon of chia seeds, hulled hemp seeds or chia protein powder.
Hemp and Chia Porridge
- = 4 T. Hulled Hemp seeds
- = 2 T. Goji berries
- = 1 T. Chia seeds
- = ¼ tsp. cinnamon powder
- = Pinch of ground vanilla beans or ½ tsp. vanilla extract (non-alcohol)
- = 1 cup warmed liquid. (Nut milk, water or even a Chai tea)
- = 1T. maple syrup (or other sweetener) *optional
- = Fresh fruit of your choice.
- = Directions:
- = Put chia seeds and goji berries in a bowl and add 1 cup of warmed liquid. (Using a nut milk will give it a creamier taste and texture.)
- = Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken chia seeds and soften the goji berries.
- = Add remaining ingredients and mix well.